Email updates

If you would like to receive updates on new blog postings, leave your email address in any of the comments.  Posting alerts will be sent to you as soon as posts are published!

jots (editor)

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Believe...Again

Well my friends, I'm back; and for those of you who have made some very disparaging remarks about my beloved Rockets I would like to tell you "Tell me how my ass taste."

That was dedicated to T Mac 4 life for thinking he could insult my team without any comebacks. Like it or not, he should have known better. Now that we got this out of the way let us begin our daily lesson.

Family; friends; I am starting to do something that I haven’t done since 1997 and that is believing in the HOUSTON ROCKETS again. When Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon played here there was nothing I didn't think he couldn't do. When you grow up that way your expectation level on your sports team are sometime blown out of proportion. Watching the Rockets on Monday night, for the first time since Clutch City, I began to believe again.

I know many people who put on for my city are starting to feel the same way, and I don’t know if we will win this series but one thing I know is that this group of ROCKETS will make us proud. Houstonians the LA Quakers are on their way to the best city in the world, and it is upon us to make them feel so unwelcome here that they reference the Toyota Center when people talk about the worse places to play. I don't care if Kobina gets pissed and hits 50 points: if our team takes no prisoners shouldn't our crowd reciprocate the same passion as the team shows? I don't want them feel comfortable at all Friday. I want them to feel like they are in a jungle with no way out. I need 80% of the people in attendance to be the worst form of themselves. Sorry for the lay off, but I don’t do this for a living: I do this for you: the real sports fan.

LION

2 comments:

  1. OK, I will give your Crockets the benefit of the doubt against a young, inexperienced, Non-Jazz team. But lets see how they react against THE REAL TEAM. Rockets got lucky in game one, having more turnovers than THE TEAM, and THE TEAM shooting under 30% from the field. Thats also the worst they have shot all year. I love how these soft Crockets are also taking a beating physically (battier, artest, and Scola). The Rockets are a soft team and an overated D.
    Allday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go with you this one brother...I love my Rockets but they are not ready for prime time. I was happy to see us get out of the first round but to have a championship caliber team you have to have a superstar that you can trust and we don't. Ron-Ron is a head case who will forget all about wining as soon as someone gets him going (see the Kobe elbow in game 2). He forgot how close they were to wining and got himself thrown out of the game to prove some point that only he understands. Yao is great one night and a no-show the next. We are one the way but we have to get another player we can count on in the crunch to go with Yao.

    ReplyDelete